Currently: Creative Director at TBWA/Chiat/Day NY
June 2015 - Present
- eos, H&M, GoDaddy, Nissan
- Leading business and team on eos and H&M
- also contributed work on new business pitches plus Travelers Insurance, Thompson Reuters
Creative Director/Copywriter at Various Agencies/Working Not Working/Myself
May 2015 - July 2015
- Left my full time job to explore other agencies in the city, and work on side projects that get pushed aside when I take on agency work. Ended up taking full time when I helped win GoDaddy at my second contract.
- July - full time again TBWA\Chiat New York
- May-July 360i
Creative Director at Code and Theory
June 2013 - April 2015
- Creative Director on Chandon, 7UP, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire, Mott's, Snapple, and Dr Pepper.
- Overseeing a team of 12 creatives on everything from social activation to digital campaigns, to completely integrated brand work.
- Responsible for hiring and building of team and overhaul of internal processes.
- Started as Associate Creative Director on Dr Pepper Snapple Group before being promoted to CD in July 2014 after leading team to two new business wins.
Senior Copywriter at TBWA\Toronto
November 2010 - May 2013
- Clients: Nissan, Infiniti, Visa, Yellow Tail Wines, KPMG
Copywriter at The Hive Inc.
October 2008 - November 2010
- Clients: Cadbury (now Mondolez): Caramilk, Dentyne, Trident, Full Brand portfolio
Copywriter at Lowe Roche
May 2007 - September 2008
- Clients: Purina, Audi, Stella Artois, J&J Baby, o.b.
Copywriter at Margeotes Fertitta Powell
2006 - 2007 (1 year - agency shut down)
- Clients: Mike’s Hard Lemonade, Perry Ellis, LP
Copywriter at Publicis
May 2005 - September 2006
- Clients: Wal-Mart, Rogers Wireless, Whirlpool
Junior Copywriter - Copywriter at GJP Advertising
April 2003 - May 2005
- Clients: LCBO, Niagara Wineries and boozeries, Toyota
I WENT TO SCHOOL
Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology
Diploma, Creative Advertising, 1999 - 2001
HonBA, Psychology/Mass Communications, 1998 - 2001
GOT SOME RECOGNITION
One Show, Communication Arts, Applied Arts, FWA Site of the Day x3, Webbys, ADCC, Applied Arts Advertising and Design, Applied Arts Interactive Annual, Luerzers Archive, London International, Cassies, New York Festivals, Canada Cannes Young Creatives Winner.
AND SOME RECOMMENDATIONS
What some people say:
"It’s fun to work for people who get it, and Michelle does. I knew from my first phone interview with her that she was someone who, first and foremost, cared about the work, but almost just as importantly, didn’t take herself too seriously. Even though she was my boss, Michelle was collaborative. She wants the work to be good just as much as you do."
Senior Copywriter at Publicis Groupe
"Michelle is a classically trained creative director, at home on both traditional and digital accounts. She tirelessly defends her team's vision, and has a very good sense for the little details that might distract the client. She is a partner to me at Code & Theory."
Account Director at Code and Theory
"Michelle has been a tremendous addition to our team at Code and Theory. She has a take-charge personality, but is not afraid to get her hands dirty. She has taken on a clear leadership role at the agency, enforcing process and accountability for her team.
When it comes to creative ideation, I can trust that Michelle will get the right people in a room and generate a wealth of creative concepts for us to choose from. She is on point with our clients, and defends the agency's point of view, without becoming overly defensive.
She has a great sense of humor, a tremendous work ethic, and leads by example."
VP, Group Director of Integrated Production at DigitasLBi_US
"She's smart. She's innovative. She can work in any medium. She has the total package. Michelle is one of the greats!"
Client Development Director at MacLaren McCann
"I had the pleasure of working with Michelle for almost 2 years on Caramilk brand activation. She is a skilled writer with an innate understanding for brands and their personalities. Her work is strong with a clear link to results. I would love to work with Michelle again."
US Media & Communications at Mondelēz International